Inspirations, deep thoughts, surprising insights, or random ideas on how social media intersects PR.
Stop focusing on promoting your content, and focus on others. In order to build and maintain relationship, you must form them. With everyone. Through every social media platform.
Connection and influence moves content. Don’t be banking on something in return for what you did. Just do it for the greater good of that person, account, etc. and it’ll be worth it in the end.
1. Establish Congruity – Sharing content to build self-identity.
2. Be prepared to do Work – Must put in the work to get somewhere.
3. It Factor – There is only one you, so dig deep and be original.
4. Break? – Don’t be afraid to break off and get help from others, especially heroes within the field.
5. Servant Leader – It’s all about giving, no matter your position in the company.
6. Market Yourself – Understand the true value if self-promoting, focus on facts, and show it with actions or stories.
7. Connect in a human way – Let people know they are being heard.
Wow. I love this chapter so much. It relates to me and my position at my company right now. I’m the Marketing Associate but I run all of the social sites and events. It’s all about giving and letting the people be heard. For example, the other night we had our monthly celebratory party; people took pictures and sent them to us. I responded from our page, in a human way, and connected with them, saying they will be showcased on our page. People love social attention and to be seen. All of his steps he presented were on spot with advertising to people.